Monday, October 10, 2011

Upcycled Bathroom Caddy

 

I’ve desperately been needing a place to store my jewelry. Its been living in a plastic baggy since I got to Texas. So I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect item to upcycle while out thrifting. I finally found the perfect thing! It was a sweet little bathroom caddy that practically jumped into my basket at the thrift store. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it :)

jewelry holder 001-1

The (almost) before picture. I was measuring my poultry wire. Wasn’t until I’d attached it with some silver wire I had on hand that I realized I didn’t have a before pic :s

jewelry holder 007-1

I cut some felt pieces to fit the basket on the top and hot glued them together, making this a no sew project :) Then I took it out into the garage and spray painted the heck out of it. We had a “soft sesame” color in the garage from some of Mules previous projects and it works perfectly.

jewelry holder 008-1

(Sorry for the bad lighting. It was really late and the flourecent over head lights are brutal for lighting :s)

I put the felt “basket” back in and added my rings and smaller earrings, hung the larger earrings on the poultry wire and necklaces over the “arms”

It turned out to be exactly what I wanted and needed. I’m in Love! :D

2 comments:

  1. Looks great and really does the trick. Put away that baggy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative and looks great. I love no sew projects!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)