Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh the things I do on Saturday Night!!

 

How was your weekend? Did you spend it relaxing and getting ready for Thanksgiving?

I didn’t :-/ But that’s Ok!

I spent my weekend redoing the kitchen floor! And while I am Ridiculously happy with the results, I have aches in muscles I didn’t know I had. And I rolled my ankle. And we stayed up until 2 am Saturday and Sunday. And I am out of coffee. And really want to go back to bed, but I can’t.

Ok! Enough whining… onto the pictures of my floor :D

the floor 003the floor 004

That is the icky floor that had been around for 30+ years. It was AWEFUL!! It was so old it was cracking and breaking off the floor. Every time I swept, more of the tiles would come up. Not to mention it was almost a mustard color with age (Hard to tell in the pics though)

the floor 005the floor 002

the floor 006

My Handsome Handy man hard at work :) We took turns ripping up the tiles. Took about 5 hours to get the tiles up. Some popped right off the floor in one piece and others were so stuck on that they came off a tiny, little piece at a time.

the floor 007the floor 008the floor 009

The Lovely FINISHED floor! I love it! I do! I actually got down on my tired knees and kissed it! It makes such a difference in the kitchen. This house is old, and as I’ve mentioned before in DIRE need of some renovations and Love. This floor was at the top of the list though.

We replaced the old vinyl tile with new vinyl tan and cream colored tiles from Lowes. In total we spent $70 to cover a 14x10 foot space, I just happened to like the least expensive tiles the best :), and $40 for trim and room transitions (the piece of wood or metal that covers the edge of flooring from one room to the next. I learned that at Lowes!).

I find myself oddly excited about sweeping and even a little giddy at the idea of mopping! Oh the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)