Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Little Remembering (Part 2)…

 

Life was quite topsy turvey for the first few months of 2011.

At the beginning of January I was diagnosed with sever ulcerative colitis (click here to learn more about this disease). I was sick… and I mean really sick. I spent half of December at my mom’s house, just so that there were people to help take care of me. And for anyone that knows me, its usually the other way around. After a heavy dose of steroids and trying out a couple of different medications, my body finally started to function somewhat normally again. Hurray!

In April I visited Texas and Mule proposed. I was on top of the world and the happiest girl in all of Texas :) We spent a too short weekend together and started talking wedding and when I’d be able to move to Texas. June… that was the goal, then we’d have some time to get to know each other without the major hurdle of distance. Right after I got back from Texas, there was a whole bunch of drama… work drama, family drama, drama, drama, drama! And that was really bad! Mothers day weekend I ended up in the hospital with some major blood loss and and what the doctors called a “Stress induced bleed”. I’ve never been so scared for my own life as I was the day I got admitted. I’ve been relatively healthy my whole life and I’d never had to stay in the hospital before. I was there for 5 DAYS! Thank goodness for some amazing friends that kept me company, took car of moving my car, and brought me things to keep me entertained!

Of Course the weekend I got out of the Hospital was also the weekend of my brothers wedding and the weekend my lease was up and I had to move! Again my awesome friends came through with helping me pack, move stuff and put things in storage.

Moving to Texas in June was out of the question and those plans got pushed back about 6 weeks. I took every opportunity to spend time with friends, sorted through the things I wanted to keep/ship, visited with family and made memories of home to carry me through the inevitable homesickness.

Finally it was JULY! One of my best friends came with me to do some shopping and drop me off at the airport. And I was on my way to Texas!

Once I got here life pretty much settled into a nice routine. I started the blog, got to spend tons of time crafting and sewing. Life hasn’t been too eventful since I got here… unless you count the various animals Mule has hit with his work truck in the dead of night… a cow being the most recent.

I determined at the beginning of 2011 that it was going to be an incredible year, and I wasn’t wrong. I’ve had some major life changes, some good and some challenging, but I have no regrets. And that’s the way I want to live 2012! No regrets!

This year I am going to be getting involved with the Chron’s and Colitis Foundation of America. I am hoping to have a craft show in the fall/winter with proceeds going towards finding a cure for these diseases. I will also being doing some fund raisers via this blog. Chron’s and Colitis are not “talked” about diseases… but they are far more common than most people realize. One of my resolutions this year is to be more open about the struggles I face with this disease. It won’t be easy, but I will prevail! :)

Forgive the late night ramblings of this tired blonde and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)