Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Time Has Come…

 

… To show you some of the Awesome (if I say so myself) things I made for Christmas Presents :)

Yayyyyyyy

I made a camera strap cover for my sister Emily. She just got a sweet camera this year and has a wicked eye for photography! This will dress up and add a little more comfort to her camera :) I didn’t use a tutorial or pattern for this project… just kind of winged it using my own camera strap as a template. It turned out quite well. Now I just need to make one for me!

Christmas sneak peak 001Christmas sneak peak 004

This elephant pendant necklace is for my sister Sherri. She’s loved Elephants and Africa for as long as I can remember. I though that I would be perfect for her since its not too girly, and yet still pretty. Just like her!

Christmas sneak peak 019Christmas sneak peak 020

Oh the adorable-ness of this moustache Laptop cover! I made it for my 16 year old brother Matthew… Boys are so much harder to make things for and I was stumped for a while. Then I came across this tutorial (with FREE pattern) on Pinterest and I knew exactly what to make. I followed the tutorial for the directions on how to make the cover, but the appliqued moustache was not included… that was my own addition :) And its AWESOME. So AWESOME in fact that my very picky Mr. Mule liked it… guess I know what to make him for his birthday in 3 weeks :) Oh yes… Matthew loved it too!

Christmas sneak peak 021Christmas sneak peak 022Christmas sneak peak 023Christmas sneak peak 024

I made this word art for my recently married Brother and his wife. I was inspired by some things I’d seen on etsy. To personalize it I used the words to the song my baby sister Meagan wrote and sang at their wedding ceremony. I printed the song on a piece of brown card stock, drew a tree on the reverse side, cut it out, pasted it on a piece of white card stock and added the hearts with their initials and wedding date. Once throw in a frame it was pretty much perfect and it matched the décor of their recently purchased house :)

Christmas sneak peak 025Christmas sneak peak 028

All in all my family was happy and blessed with their presents. Apparently it took them a bit to figure out what some things were… no that strap is not for a guitar, its for a camera. And no that mug cozy is not a hat for your little dog, its for a hot mug of coffee! Without even being there I provided some *wonderful* entertainment!

I love my crazy family!

Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. You are so talented! LOVE all your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great stuff! You're so talented! I really love the elephant necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! Love the stache laptop cover!!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome gifts! I especially like how personal they are and I'm sure your family loved them! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the framed tree. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)