Sunday, April 29, 2012

KISS - Meig from Crafty Girl Squared


Photobucket
 
I'm TRILLED to have one of my very best blogging buddies here to share with you how she keeps her life simple!
............................................
 


Hello everyone! I'm Meig. I blog at Global Odyssey about my life full of crafts, pets, love, faith, and travels. I also am half of Crafty Girl Squared where we share crafts, sewing, crochet, and a strong friendship. Please go check out our shop where everything is 45% off!! :)

Jennifer has asked me to talk about how I keep things simple. Well, anyone who knows me knows that there is very little that is simple about my life. What is a seemingly short story about a trip to the grocery store often turns into a comedy routine about trying to find the vinegar and getting run over by an old lady. Nevertheless, I strive for simplicity. I try to cook simple meals and I try to live my day in a simple routine. Often, I'm terribly swayed from my attempt, but sometimes I succeed.

Today though, I want to share with you about what brings me peace, joy, and centers me. Two years ago I took in a stray dog 'for the weekend.' That weekend has lasted two years and I couldn't be happier about that. He has taught me so much that I would have missed in my buzz-filled life were he not around.


Before Raj, my life was constant go, go, go. I never took a breath until I got overwhelmed by all the things I said 'yes' to and stepped away from it all and hid out in my house. That's not healthy for anyone. No way. But then along came Raj. Unlike my cats, he needed to be walked every day. He needed to be let out every 8 hours. He needed someone to sit at home while he ate because he was afraid to eat if he was alone. He needed me. What I didn't realize is how much I needed him.


On walks with him, I have rediscovered my love of nature. I have stopped to smell the flowers. I have taken time to enjoy the simple things in life. I have learned to take breaks and say 'no' a lot more often. I let him remind me that life is beautiful and all I have to do is open my heart to see that.


I have begun reading a lot more about dogs and how they think. They're a lot more simple than we humans are. They don't really have an emotional attachment to things, that's not to say they're not emotional, but they see things logically (i.e. if I pee on the floor I get scolded, ergo I will not pee on the floor). This has caused me to think about things in my own life and how I can simplify them and eliminate the negative energy and focus more on the positive energy.


I am blessed, truly blessed, in so many ways. I have a loving family and a great network of friends that I could not be here today without. I am taking a cue from my sweet, loving, and kind pup and trying my hand at living simply. Enjoying the moment. Taking it all in. Embracing my blessings and finding joy in the every day.


I hope this day and every day, you all find a way to find simplicity in your life and a way to live more simply.

...........................................................................

Thanks for sharing Meig!

1 comment:

  1. awww! what a sweet post! I really love the way she looks at life, and I strive to be that way too. Sometimes it's a walk with the kids in nature that jolts me back to reality and what's important.

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)