Thursday, June 14, 2012

Being a Blog Angel

 

I couple of weeks ago I signed up for a swap, but not just any swap, a Blog Angels Swap :) basically I got matched up with another blog and I have to *Secretly* try and help them grow! I love this swap! I’m having a BLAST with it too!

Photobucket

We’re half way through the swap and its time to reflect on something's:

What have you learnt about yourself from helping another blogger?

I honestly haven’t learned anything new or surprising about myself. I’ve known for a while that I really like helping others grow. I really enjoy connecting with other bloggers and helping in any way I can.


What has been the most fun thing about being a Blog Angel? What has been the most frustrating?

The most fun for me has been the blog I’ve been matched up with! I can’t tell you who it is yet… but the girl is HILARIOUS! I’ve really enjoyed getting to know her through her blog and I’ve also discovered a few other new fav blogs through her!

The most frustrating is not knowing what else I can do to help… with out totally giving myself away. I am going to be sponsoring her blog. I’ve been tweeting. I blogged about a “thing” she has coming up. I am trying to comment lots too. But I’ve run out of ideas….


Has being a Blog Angel changed your approach to blogging? How?

I wouldn’t say its changed my approach… but I would say its made me more aware of what I can do to help others and I’ve been making an effort to share the love.


How have you made time to help someone else out?

I’m happy to say I have! I recently started a “Texas Bloggers” Facebook group and have been connecting with some new, wonderful bloggers there. I’ve been able to network some, but the thing that I am loving the most is helping a couple of the girls with ideas on how to grow their blogs. We’re doing some ad swaps so be on the look out for some new faces around here :)


Have you been trying to work out who is helping you or are you more concerned with helping others?

Been too busy… at first I was suspicious of every new “like” of follower… but I don’t have time to try and figure it out LOL


How does being a Blog Angel affect your experience of blog land?

I think it helped me go back to some of the basics of why I fell in love with Blog land in the first place. I’m focusing on creating more of a community and less about growing my own numbers.

 

I have to say that this is a fabulous Idea and I hope to see more of this in blog land in the future! A big thanks to Katlyn and Rosie for putting it together!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I would have known about this. Love the idea and how it helps others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up and taking part. I love that you have started to network more and that you have found some new blogs to follow. We're going to do the project again in August...sign up from 15th July if you're interested!

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're having fun! I love seeing all the connections being made between people as well as finding new blogs in the mean time! Thank you so much for participating! xo
    Katlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! These ladies came up with a great idea on this one! :) Community and friendship really is what it should be about!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)