Thursday, August 30, 2012

Vegetable Yumminess

 

Fall is almost upon us! And I think the thing that I am going to miss most about summer is the yummy squashes and asparagus. Yes, I know they’re still technically available, but I like to choose veggies that are available seasonally. We have been eating these a lot, so I thought I’d share my favorite way make them!

posts 005.1

Prep your veggies. Wash and trim the end of the asparagus. Wash and chop the squash into half in medallions. Since I am usually just cooking for the hubs and I, I use foil to separate the veggies in the pan.

posts 009.1

On the squash I drizzle a little olive oil, season salt, garlic powder and a little creole seasoning (you know, cause I love in Texas and everything has to be a little bit spicy). On the Asparagus, a little olive oil, a little garlic powder and some parmesan cheese.

posts 017.1

Roast in the oven at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes depending on your oven. About half way through I stir the squash a bit to make sure that the cook evenly.

posts 023.1

Add your favorite protein and you’ve got, in my opinion, a perfect meal!

2 comments:

  1. Hello from your newest follower! Found your blog on the Brightside hop! I love trying "southern" recipes; this looks so good! Cute blog!

    mysouthernaccents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!! Thank you for sharing how you make squash! I have never been a fan but I think I will try it the way you make it! Now, for asparagus, I could eat that everyday! It is my favorite :)
    Hope you have a good day
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)